MPS market set for growth in 2020
| 17 December, 2019
The Managed Print Services market is set for growth in 2020, but businesses are becoming more demanding as they aim to power digital transformation, reduce cost and security risk and improve sustainability performance.
Quocirca’s global Managed Print Services Landscape report identifies the drivers that are shaping MPS engagements and analyses how vendors are positioned to respond.
The report draws on primary research conducted with IT Managers in the UK, France, Germany and the US and finds evidence that organisations are still struggling to realise cost reduction and environmental MPS objectives.
Key findings include:
- 79% anticipate increasing MPS spend in the next 12 months, with 27% planning a significant increase
- 50% say printing is still very important to their business
- 72% have not fully achieved consumables cost reduction objectives
- 71% have not fully realised environmental impact reduction objectives
- 63% say they are in the optimisation phase of MPS deployment, focused on delivering workflow tools to improve business processes
- 37% say MPS is very important to digital transformation – up from 23% in 2018
- 84% say embedded MFP apps are useful for integrating paper-digital workflows
- Security, sustainability and innovation are the top supplier selection criteria
Commenting on the research Quocirca’s Research Director, Louella Fernandes said: “Businesses are planning to increase MPS spend, which is welcome news for providers.
"However, the market is mature, so they need to differentiate their offering and seek broader engagements that tap into customer demand for digital transformation, security and sustainability.
"Buyers are looking for additional services such as workplace services, IT managed services and collaboration services, so providers that respond to this demand will be better positioned to help organisations achieve the MPS objectives that have so far eluded them.”